This is my go-to detox drink! Good girl moonshine is perfect for after your workout, run, or to sip on all day. The name is kind of misleading so let me clarify, there is no alcohol in the drink! 😉 It’s your Baptist-friendly buzz, and might make you do a karate kick after your first sip! It’s super refreshing and health-promoting. The apple cider vinegar and ginger in it are both very powerful digestive aids. GGMS (abbreviated name) detoxifies, clarifies, alkalizes your body, and aids in weight loss. You can make it with sparkling water for a fizz or with any fruit/herbal tea too! This drink recipe is from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 to 4 donks Pure Stevia Extract or 1 teaspoon of Stevia sweetener
- Extracts of choice (optional for different flavors; I use Lemon essential oil)
- Water (or cooled tea) and ice cubes
- Put the vinegar, ginger, sweetener, and a few drops of your extract of choice into a 2-quart jar. Add a little bit of water so you are able to stir the ingredients.
- Fill the jar with ice cubes, then add more water (or tea) until the liquid reaches the top of the jar.
- Put a lid on the jar and shake, shake, shake! You can also just “stir well”, but where’s the fun in that? Taste and adjust the flavors to own it!
Note: You can make it stronger by using a quart-sized jar instead of a 2-quart, or half the ingredients for a quart-sized jar for the same flavor ratio. Play with the recipe and adjust it until you perfect it to your taste.
There are a ton of different variations to this drink, and I’m curious to see how yours turn out! Drop a comment or tag me on Instagram and Facebook! Don’t forget to stay active, hydrated, and healthy during quarantine! Take advantage of all the extra time. Exercise, get into God’s Word, pray, organize, read, check on friends and family, hit the reset button on life, slow down, and focus on the good!
Until next time,