What is up you guys!
Welcome to #1 of this 12 days of Christmas series! I’ll be sharing a Christmas/winter inspired blog post everyday from December 14-25. You don’t want to miss a single one! You can get notification of posts by following this blog (Short & Sweet) at the bottom of the page! OK, question of the day: What is your most hoped for item on your Christmas wish list? Share in the comments below♥
On the first day of Christmas…I give to you… Nutella puppy chow!!! Talk about amazing… I am addicted! It’s the perfect snack, especially for Christmas time. Serve it at a party, family gathering, or just keep it for yourself! Here is how to make it:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- One 12 oz box Chex or Crispix cereal
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- In a pan over medium-low (mostly low) heat, melt the butter and chocolate chips, stirring constantly.
- When all is melted and smooth, remove from heat and stir in Nutella (I actually put it back on very low heat while stirring Nutella for about 3 or 4 minutes).
- Pour the chocolate/Nutella mixture over the cereal in a large mixing bowl. Use a large spatula to gently coat and mix cereal with the chocolate/Nutella mixture. Keep mixing until evenly coated.
4. Add the cereal to a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Pour in the powdered sugar and shake, starting with ½ cup at a time. You want to make sure everything’s coated, but not too sweet! Taste test during this step until you get just the right amount of coating. You probably won’t need the full 3 cups of powdered sugar! (I used about 1 1/2 cups).
That’s it! And just like that an “out-of-this-world” recipe is made and can be enjoyed!
Tip: If your chocolate/Nutella mixture is too thick, add about a tablespoon of coconut oil to it over low heat.
How did yours turn out? I’d love to hear about any notes, tips, and comments you have! Thanks for stopping by! Merry Christmas♥
Until next time,
P.S. Don’t forget to answer the question of the day!